The University of Nebraska at Omaha is Nebraska's metropolitan university -- a university with strong academic values and significant relationships with our community that transform and improve life.
• Place students at the center of the educational enterprise;
• Expand the educational achievement, intellectual aspirations and horizons of our students with local, state, national, and global communities;
• Offer comprehensive educational programs and services of the highest quality;
• Serve as a recognized center for research, scholarship, creative expression and artistic performance designed to meet the broader community’s needs;
• Provide outreach partnerships that address the concerns and interests of the broader external community and, in doing so, become an integral part of the community;
• Build understanding and respect in academic and human relationships by reflecting the dynamic and culturally rich nature of the metropolitan area;
• Exercise statewide responsibility for selected graduate and undergraduate programs.
Strategic Planning Steering Committee, "University of Nebraska at Omaha Strategic Plan" (2003). Strategic Plan. 1.