- Answer each question completely.
- The length of this proposal should be approximately ten pages.
- The focus of this proposal should be on the organizational unit (and not on existing academic programs that will be moved under the umbrella of the proposed organizational unit).
- The proposal must go through the necessary college and department approvals before submission to the Office of Academic Affairs.
- The proposal should be submitted along with the budget table accounting for projected expenses and revenues in the first five years of implementation and a letter of support from the Dean’s office. The letter of support should state that the proposal has received the appropriate college and department/school approvals.
- Depending on the time of submission and review meeting schedules, it can take up to one year after the Office of Academic Affairs receives this proposal for the proposal to go through the multiple internal and external review procedures.
- Note: this document will be submitted to the Board of Regents (BoR) and Nebraska Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education (CCPE), and will become a public document.
Office of Academic and Student Affairs, UNO, "UNO Plan for Postsecondary Education College, School and Department Proposal Form" (2016). Student Learning. 55.