• "After-school programs keep children of all ages safe and out of trouble." (Safe and Smart)1
• "Community-based youth development programs promote positive academic and social outcomes among teenagers."(Children's Aid Society) 2
• "Children who spend time in after-school programs are better behaved and more respectful toward others." (The After-School Corporation) 3
• "After-school programs have been shown to reduce the use of tobacco, drugs, and alcohol among adolescents. "(The After-School Corporation) 4
• "Quality youth development programs can cut crime immediately and transform this prime time for juvenile crime into hours of academic enrichment, wholesome fun and community service." (Fight Crime: Invest in Kids)5
Peter, Nancy, "Outcomes in Research in Out-of-School Time Program Design" (2002). Project Summaries. 30.